Friday, November 19, 2010

Where is the fuel filter on a1993 Cutlass Supreme? How do you change the fuel filter?

I have a1993 olds cutlass Supreme it stated sputtering like it was not getting enough gas. I think I need to change the fuelf filter. I am a women and I's like to try changing it myself. HELP?Where is the fuel filter on a1993 Cutlass Supreme? How do you change the fuel filter?
Under the car near fuel tank. Its recommended to release fuel system pressure before disconnecting the fuel lines. You can do this by removing the fuel pump fuse/relay or disconnecting the fuel pump and starting the engine and running it till it dies. The fuel system is under approx 40 psi even with the engine off. Just disconnecting this line at the fuel filter before doing so can result in fuel spraying in your face. I would recommend having a professional doing the repair if you are not exp in auto repairs.Where is the fuel filter on a1993 Cutlass Supreme? How do you change the fuel filter?
Follow ur fuel line from ur gas tank to ur motor....You will see a cylinder like object. Usually it's close to ur gas tank on cars like these. You might want to change your air filter and plugs/wires.
I agree with the other poster that this isn't really a DIY job anymore because of the fuel pressure. The spray represents a fire hazard should there be an ignition source nearby and the age of the car indicates to me a potential for the lines in and out to be corroded and require some expert technique in removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment