Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where is the fuel filter on my 89 jeep wrangler and how do I change it?

I just bought a 1989 jeep wrangler and wanted to do some basic maintenance on it, besides changing the fuel filter and oil, what are some other cheap things I can do? ThanksWhere is the fuel filter on my 89 jeep wrangler and how do I change it?
It is tucked under/next to the frame rail under the driver side door. You'll need to remove a plate and loosen the holding bracket to free the filter up before you can get at the hoses. Be sure to release any pressure on the fuel system by cracking a hose clamp on the filter. My 90' 2.5L is not fuel injected so not much pressure, but I still had a squirt of fuel. Have a pan and some rags handy as some fuel spill is inevitable. Loosen the clamps and remove the old filter. Replace with new and be sure to install in the right direction.
  • share printer on 2 computers
  • Is it ok to put my quilt in the dryer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment