Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change the fuel filter on my Scooter?

My I have a MC-54-250B Roketa scooter or you could just say a clone of the Honda Reflex. Well its been less than a week and it has died on me. I can't start it. The dealer says it is possibly the fuel filter and to check that out. Does anyone know how to get to the fuel filter on that scooter? I have spent hours trying to find it.How do I change the fuel filter on my Scooter?
That model doesn't have a fuel filter.

Most common problem with new bikes is a clogged jet in the carburetor.

Bikes are run at the factory and fluids are drained before shipping.

The carburetors never get fully drained.

What little gas that's left in the carb goes bad and clogs the jets, if not fully drained before the customer takes possession.

Bring it back to where you bought it and have them get the bike running properly - it's their responsibility to sell working products.

Or dis-assemble the carburetor yourself, remove and clean the jets - hold them up to the light - you should be able to see through it.How do I change the fuel filter on my Scooter?
Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it....If your not a motorcycle mechanic, you can cause more damage, so just let them fix it.



It's more detailed, and you don't have the correct tools for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment