Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I change the fuel filter on my 95 ranger xlt 2.3L reg cab/bed 2WD?

I have located the filter and bought the special tool to remove the filter but I can't figure out how to use this tool. Also it says to relieve the pressure from the fuel system...and of course I don't know how to do that either. I need a LOT of help!! Also, is changing the fuel filter on my 95 the same as changing one on a 98? My brother has a 98 and we need to change his too. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and hopefully answer my question. Have a great day!How do I change the fuel filter on my 95 ranger xlt 2.3L reg cab/bed 2WD?
ok the tool is simple here is that u do the tool has a little insert and the filter line has what i am goin to call an hemisphere fitting spray wd 40 in the fitting on the inside to loosen rust and corrosion next take the tool put it around the line with the insert goin into the hemispere there are four little clips in that hemisphere that the tool is going to compress so ull have to push fairly hard and hold it in second take the line and twist it as u do this to help break the rust and corrosion away then push the line as far toward the filter as it will go u will feel it kinda click i guess is what i will say when that happens pull the line away from the filter its simple if someone can show u its hard to explain HOPE THIS HELPS as far as the pressure goes there is a schrader valve on the fuel rail under the hood where the injectors get there feed from push the valve like u would to let air out of a tire it looks just like a tire valve on a fordHow do I change the fuel filter on my 95 ranger xlt 2.3L reg cab/bed 2WD?
yes they are the same to relieve pressure there is a cap under your hood on the top of the motor that looks like a tire valve take the cap off press the lil thing inside (watch your face this will spray gas) now the filter the tool fits in the filter press it in as far as you car and squeez the tool twist the filter and pull the same time it should come off repeat fot the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment