Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change to fuel filter on my '72 Chevy c20 van?

I have never changed a fuel filter, so this is a first for me, any advice?How do I change to fuel filter on my '72 Chevy c20 van?
that's grate that your going to try this your self.

if u know were your flue line is coming out of the carburetor,then your good to go. disconnect the flue line from it now where the line was scared in that will also scaw out the flue filter is there. there all so may be an in line flue filter,u will need to follow the flue line to see. hope this helps.How do I change to fuel filter on my '72 Chevy c20 van?
i own a shop and this one should be the one that screws in the the carburetor,right where the fuel line connect to,you disconnect the line and then use the right size wrench and remove it,be real careful and don't put the housing back in crooked they will strip out real easy,and use a little thread sealer tape on it,this will help keep it from leaking,re-connect the line,and that's about it,your done,i would remove the battery cable also,just to be safe about it,good luck with it.
find the fuel line to the filter and change , from the gas tank
I am asuming that you have a rochester 2bbl carb if that is the case follow the fuel line up to the front of carb there you will find a hex head fitting. get a tube line wrench of the appropriate size back it off and pull the line gently out of the carb. there you will see the fuel filter and a spring. I recomend changing both.

No comments:

Post a Comment