Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change the fuel filter on a 1999 Chevy Cavalier?

I need to know where the filter is located and if it's feasible to change it myself on level ground.How do I change the fuel filter on a 1999 Chevy Cavalier?
On your 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2L SFI , the Fuel Filter is located:



Under vehicle, center, below rear seating area, rear passenger side of fuel tank, mounted in fuel line



Crawl under this location and see how accessible it is. But when you disconnect the lines, gas spurts out all over the place unless you first relieve the fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel injection rail on top of the engine. Unscrew the schrader valve cap and with safety glasses and rag, push down the valve pin (just like on a tire valve) to let some gas out. Careful of the fire hazard.How do I change the fuel filter on a 1999 Chevy Cavalier?
I have a 99 sunfire and I have changed mine on the ground. If the cars are the same, which they usally are, It is located just behind the rear axle. Chances are though, if you don't have a kit to take off the quick lock, you will be spending a nice amount of time down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment